Maui’s Premier garden-to-table event, Taste of School Gardens, was held on Saturday, March 12th. This fourth annual event featured Maui’s premiere chefs coming together to support school gardens and inspire our future farmers, chefs, teachers, and scientists.
This year’s event took place at Hotel Wailea’s beautiful Sunset Lawn. Guests enjoyed dishes made from local and school garden grown ingredients, fine wine, live music by Soul Kitchen and ocean sunset views.
Featured chefs included:
– Chef Gary Johnson of Hana Ranch Provisions
– Chef Craig Dryhurst of DUO at Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
– Chef Cameron Lewark of Spago
– Chef Brian Etheredge of Capische?
– Chef Christopher Kulis of The Market
– Chef Brian Murphy of Cow Pig Bun
– Chef Kevin Laut of The Outrigger Pizza Company
– Chef Don Marceaux of Fabiani’s
Grow Some Good is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating hands-on, outdoor learning experiences that cultivate curiosity about natural life cycles, connect students to their food sources, and inspire better nutrition choices. We operate school gardens in 12 schools across Maui, with 3,000 youth participating in our program each year. All proceeds from the event go to support our school garden programs.
Grow Some Good